Operation Refugee Child is run by volunteers and volunteers can contribute their skills in many ways (photography, assembly of backpacks, distribution of backpacks, translation, logistics and support etc.). Operation Refugee Child believes in speaking to refugees in their own language and we always welcome native speakers of Arabic and Farsi. We are now accepting applications for volunteers to participate in a distribution trip to Greece in late June/early July 2016. If you are interested in traveling please fill out the application.
Please see the suggestions below about ways you can be involved with Operation Refugee Child as a volunteer based on where you live.
I LIVE IN ANOTHER PART OF THE US OR INTERNATIONAL
Volunteer in your community to:
- Organize events to raise awareness about the refugee crisis such as:
- creating an #refugeeswelcome team for a local race (Tough Mudder, Mud Run, Spartan Race etc.)
- sharing news about the refugee crisis
- joining online volunteer networks on FB or other social media platforms.
- Launch a #ORCBeTheChange campaign at your work, local school, community or religious group.
I LIVE IN SOUTHERN California
Volunteer in our Santa Ana warehouse to:
- Receive and open shipments
- Sort boxes and backpack supplies
- Monitor and track donations
- Assemble backpacks
- Photograph supplies, backpacks, and volunteers
If you are interested in volunteering in the warehouse please email info @ operationrefugeechild.org.